Going on a date is fun, but creating a list of self date ideas to keep in your back pocket is important too.
During all the ups and downs of dating or starting a new relationship, it is essential to know how to tap into what makes you feel good and how to stay connected to yourself.
Many times we put all of our attention into trying to meet someone which causes us to over-function in the early stages of dating. We lose touch with ourselves. In fact, we might even abandon ourselves in the process.
Tapping into your feminine energy and learning to take yourself out on a solo date are a few of the many tools I teach my clients that help them reconnect to who they are and stay grounded in themselves.
I’ve gathered some seasonal ideas (some of which are my all-time favourites!) that will help you activate your feminine energy.
Whichever activity you decide to explore, ask yourself:
What will make me smile? What will make me come alive inside? What’s a simple thing I can do daily to feel good?
It feels empowering when we can start to nurture our own needs and know what will support us to shift our mood or energy.
Summer Self Date Ideas:
- Book a romantic summer-inspired photoshoot in a flowy dress
- Pick up some seasonal flowers from a local farmer’s market
- Take a sunset walk on the beach or farm (and capture the moment with your phone camera!)
- Get a delicious-smelling perfume (or essential oil) you’ve wanted for awhile
- Learn a new skill that encourages you to be creative (e.g., collect some herbs and make hand-made soap or pressed flower cards)
Winter Self Date Ideas:
- Have a scented bubble bath or an Epsom salt foot bath
- Cozy up in your home with candles and romantic décor
- Submerge yourself in a new, inspirational book written by a confident woman
- Make a fancy coffee beverage at home or try a herbal tea you’ve never tried before
- Plan a get-together with your friend to try a new creative skill (e.g., crocheting or scrapbooking)
Let me know if you have more ideas on tapping into your feminine energy or self date ideas. I would be THRILLED to know what makes YOU feel most beautiful and connected to yourself; book a call with me if you want to discuss this or other dating topics. You can also check out some of my other blog posts: Never Settle for Less, Being Emotionally Available to Yourself, and Empower Yourself.
Exciting self date ideas
Jul 11, 2023